Mobile Teaching Kitchen Volunteer
10 people are interested
We’re bringing the culinary classroom to the curbside in the communities that we serve. The Mobile Teaching Kitchen arrives on-site at schools, farmers’ markets and community events with tables, cooking equipment, speakers and more to create a hands-on cooking demonstration experience. All MTK visits take place within the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Volunteers are asked to assist with:
- Setting up tables & roll out plastic tablecloths
- Setting up the hands-on activities (cut gloves, cooking tools, mixing bowls, colored mats)
- Distributing hands-on ingredient(s)
- Supporting hands-on participants
- Distributing recipe cards
- Distributing samples and utensils
- Distributing surveys, answer questions, and collect completed surveys
- Cleaning in between and during demonstrations
- Resetting hands-on workstations
- Assisting Educator with equipment clean up and break down
Specific schedules vary visit to visit, but all of our MTK opportunities:
- Run throughout the entire week at various times, all year long!
- Accommodate groups of 20-30 adults and/or youth
Volunteers are expected to have an upbeat personality, passion and willingness to be hands-on, and have a basic knowledge of food, cooking equipment, and techniques.
If you are interested in becoming a Mobile Teaching Kitchen Volunteer, please email Ridhdhi Parmar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information of our Volunteer on-boarding process.
Greater Philadelphia RegionPhiladelphia, PA 19103
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2-6 hours/week
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation - 1 hour commitment