- COPY - Coordinator, All Kids Farmer's Market
The Volunteer Coordinator of the All Kids Farmer's Market and the Mobile Farmer's Market is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program to provide a workforce through the use of corporate, community and individual volunteers.
The position's goal is to significantly scale up volunteer leverage enabling Gemma's Angels to fulfill its mission. This position's success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to increasing the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables for at-risk children.
This position can be shared with one volunteer handling volunteers and drivers for the All-Kids portion of the program and another handling the Mobile Farmer's Market portion.
The All-Kids program will visit backpack and similar school-age food programs, provide students an opportunity to choose their own produce to take home and to provide an educational component.
The Mobile Farmer's Market program provides regular stops to deliver free fresh produce at soup kitchens, homeless shelters and food banks in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Gemma's Angels, Ltd.
15 East Main Street, No. 25, Hershey, PA 17033, US
OUR VISION We want to change the way we feed the poor. OUR MISSION - Provide fresh fruits and vegetables to homeless shelters, soup kitchens and food banks in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties, and - Encourage at-risk children and families to engage in healthy lifestyles including consuming fresh fruits and vegetables and to become educated in sustainable living.
Gemma’s Angels is an IRS 502(c)3 non-profit organization which envisions a world where hunger is a temporary inconvenience rather than a life sentence.
HOW WE ADDRESS IMMEDIATE NEEDS
- We purchase produce from local sources when possible and collect fresh produce from local donor gardeners. We distribute the produce free of charge to soup kitchens, shelters and food banks.
- We also operate an All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market where school-age children can pick and choose their own produce to take home to supplement weekend feeding programs with an added educational component.
- We operate a Truck Farm Trailer Program that’s a traveling, edible exhibit that allows youth to get a hands-on look at the source of the food that fuels their growing bodies and minds. The program will visit youth groups, camps, schools, etc. to deliver interactive and educational lessons about the benefits of nutritious produce. It's designed to engage school children in healthy eating and to teach sustainability.
- We conduct Christmas parties at local homeless shelters and annually provide holiday happiness to over 150 children and adults.
15 East Main streetNo. 25Hershey, PA 17033
October 5, 2021
- Child Welfare
- Event Design & Planning
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 to 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.