Marketing Communications / Media Specialist
2 people are interested
Since 2012 Project Paws Alive has been providing vital protective equipment to underfunded K9 units nationwide. We service Law Enforcement, Fire, Search & Rescue and Military K9 teams. Equipment provided is all new and custom fit. Equipment donated includes but is not limited to: ballistic vests, cooling vests, first aid kits, vehicle heat alarms, and oxygen mask kits. The need for this equipment continues to grow exponentially every year and we are seeking volunteers to help make an impact on these K9's lives.
Marketing / Media Specialist:
We are looking for a marketing / media specialist to help us expand our reach to people who might like to help K9s through our programs. This is related to primarily traditional and internet media, rather than social media. It would be helpful to have access to or existing relationships with animal, pet, dog, first responder, or related media - although this is not required. Time commitment is flexible and this is a remote opportunity
- Contacting our list of media outlets such as magazines, newspapers, blogs, radio stations etc. for in kind (donated) published articles, features, or segments which are focused on spreading awareness of our mission and encouraging involvement
- Working with these agencies to manage and provide any content needed
- Following up on publish/air dates and getting a file copy of the media
- Entering business contact information into our database
- Established media, marketing, or communications experience is beneficial but not required
- Excellent communication/writing skills and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to use independent judgment and take initiative
- Experience using Microsoft Word
- Must have access to your own computer, email, and phone
Please note that all volunteers must submit to a criminal background check.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training