St. Anthony Family Shelter Childcare
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
St. Anthony Family Shelter provides a safe, 24/7 shelter and supportive services for homeless families with a goal of stabilizing housing and employment. Family time assistant leads family activities, movie nights or story time while parents working on moving out of shelter. We need help with several childcare shifts during the week:
- Tuesdays from 10am - 11am
- Thursdays from 10am -11am
- Friday evening movie nights
- Saturday mornings
About Catholic Charities Volunteer Coordinator
437 N Topeka, Wichita, KS 67202, US
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita alleviates poverty and builds stable and strong families throughout 25 counties in south central and southeast Kansas. We hold to the truth that poverty is not a given. In fact, we believe overcoming poverty is not just a task of charity, but an act of justice. That’s why we not only seek to "get our hands dirty" as Pope Francis directs us, by serving the hungry, homeless, victims of violence and those in family crises in our many programs and projects, but we advocate for our clients and work to fix and repair the systems that fail people in poverty - and ultimately fail us all. We aspire to be great in facing these challenges, and we invite people of all faiths to join us. We do this work because stable and strong families that can break through the barriers of poverty, and can improve upon the good and the dignity inherent to every family member, ultimately mean hopeful communities for our entire human family.
- Our Daily Bread Food Pantry
- Housing Services
- Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter
- Immigration services
- Adult Day Services for disabled adults and seniors
- Foster Grandparent program
- St. Anthony's Family Shelter - Homeless Services
We'll work with your schedule.
256 N OhioWichita, KS 67214
- Outdoor Recreation
- Child Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for a volunteer who can take one or both of the childcare shifts during the week or can help on a Saturday morning.
- Volunteers will need to be willing to work with groups of kids from one to twenty.