10 people are interested
Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: ROOTS FOR LIFE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Would you like to have a positive impact on local projects and programs because of the work you do everyday? Looking to help an organization inspire and build stronger communities? You will have these opportunities and more as a Volunteer Marketing and Social Media Coordinator with Roots for Life.
Who We Are
Roots for Life is a grassroots social movement dedicating its resources to educate and empower communities to thrive. Our approach to filling vital needs in the community is multi-faceted-(1) to connect individuals, currently in food insecure areas, to locally grown fruits and vegetables, (2) to educate on their nutritional value, and (3) to empower a healthy change into their lives. Roots for Life’s programs work in conjunction with a comprehensive educational component that is designed to deepen the connectivity by providing tips and techniques towards healthy living.
This position is a hands-on job focused on materials development, outreach and measurement, and writing. This position supports the Roots for Life’s chief marketing officer in the execution of marketing, public relations, communications and social media strategies. You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5-8 hours a week. Our staff are full-time working volunteers, we communicate mostly through email. All staff are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and can commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals, we’d like to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of a comprehensive strategic marketing and social media strategy including writing blog posts, website content, and marketing materials
- Curate and post content on Roots for Life’s many social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, etc.
- Monitor and post relevant news and resources on social media, website design, assisting with graphics and media projects, growing our social media following, creating content for online outreach and promotion, and managing and communicating with our mail list.
- Develop and refresh collateral and creative content
- Support marketing efforts of community engagement, partnerships and fundraising, including creating materials, proofreading and conducting market research
- Be open-minded and empathize with the needs of our local communities
- Be punctual, self-motivated, cooperative and flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including social media, to communicate our programs to our networks
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Highly skilled at managing social media (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
- Experience writing newsletters and blog posts
- Experience with graphic design, website design, and Mail Chimp (preferred)
- Interest in public health, food, and nutrition
- Ability to work independently and manage high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality
- Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible and responsible as well as being a self-starter
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
4 More opportunities with ROOTS FOR LIFE INC
About ROOTS FOR LIFE INC
Washington, DC, Washington, DC 20001, US
Roots for Life is a grassroots social movement dedicating its resources to educate and empower communities to thrive.
Our approach to filling vital needs in the community is multi-faceted-(1) to connect individuals, currently in food insecure areas, to locally grown fruits and vegetables, (2) to educate on their nutritional value, and (3) to empower a healthy change into their lives. Roots for Life’s programs work in conjunction with a comprehensive educational component that is designed to deepen the connectivity by providing tips and techniques towards healthy living.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 30, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Orientation or Training
- Hours are flexible