Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
Use your writing skills to form original prose for various JAARS publications.
Your work schedule may be flexible, depending on workflow and deadlines. Make an impact in people’s lives as you communicate the life changing work of giving people God’s Word.
Help tell the exciting and varied story of how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote places on earth.
Opportunity for part- to full-time work.
- Select subject matter based on personal interest or receive specific assignment from editor
- Conduct research and make notes to retain ideas, develop accurate content and obtain authentic detail
- Organize material and plan arrangement or outline
- Develop factors such as theme, plot, order, characterization and story line
- Write draft of manuscript
- Review, revise and correct and submits material for publication
- Assist other writers by editing and sharing ideas over drafts and projects
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Excellent creative writing talent and editing skills
- College degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- One or more years of writing work experience
- Must provide three samples of personal writing skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, including "Review" features
- Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.