Memphis Area Volunteer Coordinator for Road to Recovery
17 people are interested
Be a hero and make a difference in the lives of others by coordinating volunteer rides for cancer patients!
A Road to Recovery Coordinator collaboratively manages and monitors requests for Road to Recovery services with American Cancer Society staff partners, and works closely with the volunteer drivers to provide lifesaving transportation assistance to and from cancer-related appointments.
- Monitors requests for transportation contacts volunteer drivers to coordinate assignments.
- Provides status and necessary documentation concerning filled and unfilled transportation requests.
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to ensure accuracy of volunteer records and transportation requests.
- Ensures timely communication to staff partners, volunteer drivers and patients when issues occur.
- Assists staff partner as needed with ongoing assessment of program policies, procedures, availability, community demand, and potential program enhancement.
- Assists staff partner as needed with assessing available transportation alternatives in the community.
- Participates in program evaluations as requested.
Volunteer and Community Management
- Assists staff partner as needed with recruitment of volunteers.
- Assists staff partner as needed with recognition of volunteer drivers.
- Works with staff partner to maintain good relationships with healthcare professionals and other groups in the community.
- Abides by the guidelines and policies of the American Cancer Society and the program including privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Responds to questions from new volunteers, and provides appropriate information to support their development in a timely manner.
- Successful completion of initial Volunteer Coordinator Training and updates as needed to ensure compliance with program standards and guidelines.
- Pass background check.
- Knowledge of transportation options in the community.
- Ability to respond to requests for road to Recovery rides within a defined time frame.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Access to email, phone and internet required.
- Appreciation of and respect for diverse backgrounds, cultures lifestyles of patients, caregivers, volunteers and staff.
- If a cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
About AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY INC
250 WILLIAMS ST 4TH FLR, ATLANTA, GA 30303, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
American Cancer Society
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Memphis AreaMemphis, TN 38103
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by area, check with local staff partner
- Must complete an update training every two years