DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Ripples Foundation needs an Accountant to review accounting inputs and QuickBooks reports, make adjustments as appropriate, prepare and document accounting, audit books, file the federal 990 form for Non Profits and accounting procedures and prepare reports for the Board.
You have an eye for details and you'll work with our Executive Director on operational and business issues, including; non-profit corporate accounting and governance; charitable contributions, non-profit tax accounting; endowments, and trust accounting; employment accounting; and other in-house day to day accounting. You'll set up our online Intuit account.
Our Mission: Creating prosperity and a secured future for women.
Ripples Invests in the Economic and Social prosperity of woman, with the goal of improving their quality of life and investing in their future.
We are at a crucial point in our growth where we want to encourage American youth to develop international lenses and become immersed in rich cultural experiences in communities where they apply their young minds to develop sustainable solutions to the problems of the communities, and they acquire hands-on real life learning experiences that can change their lives forever. We need an Accountant to keep all our books and file our accounts.
- Update Chart of Accounts
- Create financial policies & procedures handbook
- Make accounting entries.
- Prepare Project Budget Calendar
- Assist with budget as requested for grant applications and/or other needs
- Prepare accounting entries as needed by compiling and analyzing account info.
- Assist Executive Director with preparation of annual budget and cash flow projections
- Prepare monthly management report comparing revenue/expenditure to budget
- Prepare drafts of quarterly financial statement for the Board
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile any financial discrepancies.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare staff and internal systems for external audit in the future
- Maintain accurate QuickBooks files
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal, state and local requirements
- Assists with special financial projects as requested
- Accounting & Book keeping
- 3 yrs. work experience as an Accountant, including at least 1 yrs. experience with Non-profit Finance
- Competence with QuickBooks and CRM
- Ability to design and generate timely reports.
- Attention to detail.
- - Prepare Tax returns
- Interaction with external auditors
- Experience with foreign financial transactions desirable
- Strong attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
Time Commitment Needed: Approximately 10 hours per week
Benefits: The joy of working on a great international team and transforming the lives of women and girls trapped in extreme poverty. You want to help women earn and raise and educate their children with dignity.
About Ripples Foundation USA
15922 Eldorado PKWY, Frisco, Texas, TX 75035, US
To equip women with the tools, training and resources needed to feed, generate income to control their future and secure their children’s future. We co-create programs with each community, collaborating with government bodies to build holistic solutions tailored to each community’s unique needs. Our programs aim to train, build and scale. We work with women and youth, training them on modern, eco-friendly agriculture techniques to help them transform their economies to be a more inclusive, productive and sustainable one..
Ripples works in Ghana, Madagascar and Nigeria, and has worked funded and provided funding that has benefited over 6,000 since it's inception in the UK in 2005. We currently have a Farm project: http://ripplesfoundation.ngo/ripples-farms.php; and an Experential Internship program: http://ripplesfoundation.ngo/internship.php
We want to encourage American youth to develop international lenses and become immersed in a rich culture where they are part of the solution as well as create a hands on learning environment on creative ways to humanitarian efforts. We are in partnership with a several universities and successfully completed a trips with students from Europe and the United States. We want to raise funds and awareness for the program. We have several reports and videos from past students after their visits. We have several projects going on in Africa which served as an internship for the students.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 5, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Business Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 3 yrs. work experience as an Accountant, including at least 1 yr. experience with Non-profit Finance