Donor Ambassador (Rice County)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Donor Ambassador is important to the American Red Cross-Blood Services mission by helping to regulate workflow, ensure the safety of our donors following blood donation, and providing friendly, courteous and knowledgeable customer service to blood donors, employees, community partners, and visitors.
**We are seeking volunteers in Rice County**
- Provide excellent customer service to blood donors, visitors and partners by welcoming people to the site and thanking them when they leave.
- Assist donors with the check-in process and ask donors to read required donation forms.
Assemble required paperwork for donors to take to health historian.
- Honor donor appointments and schedule walk-ins around scheduled appointments.
- Monitor donor’s post-donation for adverse reactions and respond according to established protocols.
- Prepare and maintain reception and refreshment areas for donors, organize Red Cross reading material, make beverages, setting out food, and restocking.
- Engage donors in conversation and encourage re-signs for future blood donation appointments.
- Direct all questions regarding donation process, day-of donation eligibility, health history, or blood safety to appropriate Red Cross staff.
- Assist staff with a variety of clerical tasks and any other duties as assigned.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 30 hours over a sixth-month period (1 shift a month). Shifts run between 5-6 hours, depending on the location. Day, evening and weekend hours are available, Monday through Saturday, and scheduling is flexible.
- Willingness to support the American Red Cross Mission.
Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
Reliable and dependable.
- Friendly, courteous and enjoy working cooperatively with donors and staff.
- Able to identify signs and symptoms of adverse reactions and respond appropriately utilizing established Red Cross protocols.
- Physically able to perform duties of position, including frequent standing, walking, and sitting. Occasional bending and stooping are required.
- Basic computer skills helpful, but not required.
- Understands and is able to follow all policies and procedures regarding Confidentiality, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, Safety and Security.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Donor Ambassador Training (phone and in-person orientation totaling approximately 3 hours)
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime
*If you are interested in applying, please contact Chris Buckley at email@example.com or call 612-791-2884
About American Red Cross - Minnesota Region
1201 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55454, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's providing care and comfort to one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, an ill or injured service member or veteran, or support to a military family, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
1520 St. Olaf AvenueNorthfield, MN 55057
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours over 6 moths (1 shift a month)