Family Interaction Specialist
3 people are interested
Family Interaction Specialists provide supervision services to families in CHIPS (children in need of protection and services). They provide parents with additional opportunities to spend time with their children in community settings, with the hopes of bringing the family back together. Volunteers observe these interactions and give objective reports, while also serving as a mentor and advocate for the parents and families.
Please apply on our website: http://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/how-to-apply.html
If you have any questions or concerns about the position, feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.
Duties and Activities
- Coordinate and facilitate visits, including maintaining contact with parents, children, foster families, social worker/case manager, and Canopy Center staff.
- Observe and report on parent interaction with their child during a weekly two-hour visit.
- Document and submit all visit notes in a timely manner.
- Report unusual or questionable visits or any concerns immediately to the P2C Case Manager.
- Attend quarterly trainings and case reviews.
- Provide support and resources to families as needed.
- Direct experience for those interested in counseling, social work, and other related fields.
- Learn about issues facing parents and families with special needs.
- Develop communication and report-writing skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
1904 Winnebago StMadison, WI 53704
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.