Pre-Teen/Tween Childcare Volunteer/Lead (Ages 10-13) - Bellevue
6 people are interested
This role is responsible for managing the childcare and engagement of the older kids (10-13) during the Lynnwood monthly groups.
The role requires the volunteer to do the following during the group meeting:
- Welcome the youth and families when they arrive and check them into the group.
- Lead the opening group circle & discussion.
- Start off discussion group by explaining who we are and the group guidelines at the beginning of each group.
- Lead discussions and activities with Tweens.
- Respond to youth needs throughout the meeting / discussion to create a safe and empowering space for all participants.
- Engage youth in positive ways to help them connect with other youth and have a fun and empowering experience.
- Participate in short post group debrief sessions to identify what works well and areas for improvement to help with planning for the next month
- Lead and assist with new volunteer training/orientation
- Attend Volunteer Committee meetings & communicate regularly with Volunteer Coordinator about needs, ideas, and observations.
- Help document processes & best practices for group manual.
Experience and skills needed:
- Experience leading group discussions preferred
- Knowledge of medical and surgical transition options, and aspects of trans and gender-diverse youth experiences to inform facilitation of tween discussions.
- Can create safe space for Youth. Has healthy boundaries and knows when it’s helpful to share personal experience and when to leave the space open to youth discussion.
- Requires strong people skills with ability to communicate in positive manner to youth & parents.
- Experience working with youth preferred but not required.
- Ability to role model positive support and interactions with youth.
- Ability to create positive and supportive environment for all gender expressions & identities.
- Ability to create a safe, fun and empowering space for youth and families.
- Background check required.
We'll work with your schedule.
Gender Diversity Monthly GroupsBellevue, WA 98008
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Background Check
- 6-10 hrs (at least 3 hrs on one Sunday) per month