Childcare Volunteer/Lead (Ages 5-9) - Bellevue
4 people are interested
This role is responsible for managing the childcare and engagement of the younger kids (5-9) during the Bellevue monthly groups.
The role requires the volunteer to do the following during the group meeting:
- Welcome the youth and families when they arrive and check them into the group.
- Lead the opening group circle.
- Plan and present activities each month (Games, crafts, stories).
- Support other volunteers (as warranted) with activities.
- Support youth in activities during program.
- Engage youth in positive ways to help them connect with other youth and have a fun and empowering experience.
- Participate in short post group debrief sessions to identify what works well and areas for improvement to help with planning for the next month.
- Communicate needs, ideas, and observations to volunteer coordinators.
- Help document processes & best practices for program manual.
Experience and skills required
- Requires strong people skills with ability to communicate in positive manner to youth & parents.
- Experience working with youth preferred.
- Ability to role model positive support and interactions with youth.
- Ability to create positive and supportive environment for all gender expressions & identities.
- Ability to create a safe, fun and empowering space for youth and families.
- Background check required.
We'll work with your schedule.
Gender Diversity Monthly GroupsBellevue, WA 98008
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Background Check
- 6-10 hrs (at least 3 hrs on one Sunday) per month