Monthly Event/Group Host (Seattle)
2 people are interested
This role will the first person of contact on site for participant parents and youth who come for our monthly groups/events. This volunteer plays a key role in driving engagement of parent and youth participants particularly when they are new. Also this person will help us gather information critical for us to do tracking, analysis, and reporting in the long term.
Monthly Group host
The role requires the volunteer to do the following during the monthly group meeting:
- Receive and welcome the youth and families when they arrive on site.
- Check parents in and capture information for attendance tracking as per defined process (training to be provided)
- Address any questions about the space and the parent and youth groups from first time participants.
- Direct specific participants to childcare leads or parent facilitators as warranted.
- Work with volunteer coordinator / program manager to calendarize hosting schedule based on availability and interest.
- Suggest ideas to streamline check-in process and other engagement.
Experience and skills required
- Requires strong people skills with ability to communicate in positive manner to youth & parents.
- Experience in client interaction/front office roles preferred
- Ability to create positive and supportive environment for all gender expressions & identities.
- Ability to create a safe, fun and empowering space for youth and families.
- Background check required.
We'll work with your schedule.
Gender Diversity Monthly GroupsSeattle, WA 98105
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- 5-10 hrs (at least 3 hrs one Sunday) a month