Catholic Charities of Central Colorado English as a Second Language
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
The spring 2021 semester will be an online only virtual academy.
- Volunteer Needs:
If you are interested in volunteering for ESL, contact Doug Rouse at 719-866-6286 or firstname.lastname@example.org for update to date openings.
- Online teacher or teaching assistant
- Online bilingual teacher or teaching assistant
- Online bilingual computer tutor, includes working with students on how to use Zoom for their classes
- Admin support
About Catholic Charities of Central Colorado
228 N Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
To enchance the value and dignity of human life, the mission of Catholic Charities of Colorado Springs is to provide services to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same.
Catholic Charities provides services to people in need through 4 main programs as follows:
1. Marian House Soup Kitchen-provides a hot,nutritious meal 7 days a week, 365 days a year to anyone who needs it.
2.Marian House Poverty Reduction Services-provides material goods, support, information, referrals and case management. Also delivers needed items to people who cannot otherwise access service in the community and accepts and pick ups donated items.
3. Family Immigration Services-provides services to the immigrant popultaion to help them better integrate into the community; such as, English as a Second Language classes, workshops, socialization. Also provides Immigration and Naturalization services.
4. Life Connections-a licensed and accredited child placement agency, prepares adoptive families to nuture and parent children in need of a stable family home. Provides pregnancy counseling, adoption services, pre-natal nurturing education, post abortion support, relinquishment counseling of parental rights.