5 people are interested
Community Representatives are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer's Association services.
These volunteers serve as liaisons between the Association and local groups such as neighborhoods, rural counties, business and civic organizations or faith communities. Community Representatives share information about ALzheimer's disease, free resources offered through the Alzheimer's Association, and the many ways to join our cause at local community and education events.
· Self-motivated individual that is comfortable reaching out to individuals and families in need and connecting them to the Alzheimer's Association.
· Proactive and passionate about the mission of Alzheimer’s Association.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Comfort with computers and familiarity with email.
· Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
About Alzheimer's Association
1401 Commercial Way, Suite 210, Bakersfield, CA 93309, US
Our mission. To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
There are more than 5 million people with Alzheimer’s disease in the United States and 35 million worldwide. These numbers are expected to skyrocket to a projected 13.8 million and 115 million, respectively, by midcentury. The potential of earlier diagnosis and the development of better treatments may significantly change the experience of Alzheimer’s for millions of people. In the meantime, the cost of care will rise dramatically. These factors will provide unprecedented challenges and opportunities for the Alzheimer’s Association.
We are here to support the Kern, Kings, Inyo and Tulare Counties and in order to make the biggest impact possible, we need volunteers to help us as champion's in the communities we serve.
We'll work with your schedule.
1401 Commercial WaySuite 210Bakersfield, CA 93309
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per month after training
- Start the application process by visiting: https://volunteer.alz.org/volunteeropportunities/volunteer-opportunity-details/comm-rep-detail