6 people are interested
Board of Directors Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Rowlett Youth Soccer Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
AGE GROUP DIRECTORS:
- Be the interface between the BOD and the coaches of the age group
- The escalation point for parents in that age group
- Creating teams and leading the draft at team formation each season for the age group
- Making the game schedules for the age group
- Keeping the age group up to date with news and issues from the association, etc.,
- Oversee the age group for most activities, etc.
PROMOTIONS & AWARDS DIRECTOR:
Helps us with our marketing and scheduling activities for the association such as:
- Season opener/start day event
- Design and procurement of advertisement flyers
- Signs (put up/pull down during registration times)
- Photography coordination for season pictures
- Procurement of Trophy/Medal awards for players using our vendor
- Coordination of our association meetings for the coaches' general meetings once per season (obtaining donations and gifts from anyone anyplace that we can get, door prizes, etc.)
FIELDS & EQUIPMENT:
- Coordinate field preparations and usage seasonally
- Review field equipment
- Collaborate with Referee Assignor and City Parks & Rec
- Assess field conditions and usability for matches
- Responsible for recording all minutes in Board meetings.
- Publish recorded minutes to the Board, or any Association member upon request.
- Ensure accuracy and sufficient detail of recorded minutes.
- Support document creation and planning for all association meetings such as agendas, presentations, etc.
REFEREE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (previous or current Referee experience required plus current certification):
Helps our Ref Assignor as needed and carry out the below main duties:
- Scheduling referee classes and clinics to meet the needs of the Association.
- Conducting continuing education referee meetings to keep referees apprised of local rules and FIFA updates.
- Work as a liaison between NTSSA administration and RYSA for referee requirements and procedures.
- Investigate and review all allegations of referee misconduct or misapplication of the Laws of the Game and discipline referees accordingly within NTSSA and RYSA procedures.
- Work on an assessment program to ensure all referees are continuing their education and are capable of officiating association games.
VP of Operations REC:
- Ensure assistance is available to any interested group affiliations
- Responsible for marketing and public relations
- Assist President in accomplishment of duties and serve in their stead when required
- Recruitment of volunteers
- Day-to-day Operations including office and staff supervision
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rowlett Youth Soccer Association
5211 Gordon Smith Dr., Rowlett, TX 75088, US
The Association has been organized to develop, promote, and regulate a soccer program for the youth of the cities of Rowlett and Rockwall as defined by voting precincts, in order to foster, through organized competitive athletic activity, the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, and courage. Additionally, the Association exists to encourage growth of the sport, educate youth with respect to the rules of soccer, as well as to develop athletic skills and competitive athletic skills and competitive fair play attributes between the members of its member teams in addition to implanting in the members of its teams the principles of sportsmanship through an organized soccer program.
RYSA is a non-profit, Recreational soccer league that is a member in good standing with North Texas Soccer. We were founded in 1998 to provide a great soccer experience to the residents of the City of Rowlett. As a non-profit organization we rely solely on volunteers to operate the association from a seat on the Board to our Coaches and Team Managers. Please consider sharing your time with us and volunteer with RYSA!
5211 Gordon Smith Dr.Rowlett, TX 75088
November 10, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Variable however between 20-25 hours monthly.
- Great interpersonal, verbal, & written communication skills. Problem/conflict management experience.