Become a CASA Volunteer
23 people are interested
You can change the life of a vulnerable child in the foster care system. CASA Volunteers are individuals, just like you, who rise to the extraordinary and speak up for children who have been removed from their homes or are under court supervision due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment. CASA Volunteers are appointed by a Family Court Judge and represent the best interest of the child.
Qualifications of a CASA
- Interest in children, their rights, and special needs
- Minimum age of 21
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks and a Child Abuse Registry Information (CARI) check
- Have 4 favorable references from sources other than relatives
CASA Volunteers must attend an information session before enrolling in the training program. More more information and to sign up for a session, please visit www.casamsc.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
18 Cattano AveMorristown, NJ 07960
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hours per month