5 people are interested
Reference Data Research (Volunteer/Intern)
5 people are interested
Beyond Borders is a progressive DC-based nonprofit organization committed to promoting social justice in and for Haiti. Our development team is seeking a volunteer or a volunteer intern to conduct desk research and create a catalogue of relevant studies to be used for citation in grant proposals. This is a volunteer internship. Learn more about Beyond Borders’ work to end child slavery, prevent violence against women and girls, and promote access to quality education on our website .
- Seek and catalogue research relevant to Beyond Borders’ program themes and Haiti.
- Read research reports to identify and catalogue data citations for use in proposal development.
- Set up and maintain cataloguing systems.
- Appropriate candidates will be extremely organized and detail-oriented, with superior time management and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Google applications, particularly spreadsheets
- Facility with navigating online search engines
- Committed to Beyond Borders’ mission and vision, which can be found here
- Ability to work remotely.
- Interest in issues of social justice, human rights and international development
- An understanding and commitment to Haiti
- Facility with Haitian Creole and/or French
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why this position interests you to Kristie van de Wetering at email@example.com with Application: Reference Data Research Internship in the subject line.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer - diverse candidates including, people of color, women and members of other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
About BEYOND BORDERS INC
PO Box 2132, Norristown, PA 19404, US
Beyond Borders helps people build movements to liberate themselves from oppression and isolation. In Haiti and the United States, we are bringing people together for just and lasting change. We support movements in Haiti to: End child slavery, Guarantee universal access to education, End violence against women and girls, and Replace systems that oppress the poor with systems that support dignified work and sustainable livelihoods.
We see in Haiti, the seed for a new world, a world where,
- People overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, and act together,
- Women and men find more power by balancing power equally,
- Families and communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect,
- Diversity is seen as a sign of strength,
- All children grow up surrounded by people who love, nurture, and educate them,
- We all find deeper meaning in our lives by coming to value truth over comfort, sharing over having, and justice over personal gain.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- Background Check
- +/- 15 hours a week