You can be the highlight of a Monterey Park kid’s week!
DONATE TO THIS
26 people are interested
Volunteer to teach a child with chronic illness something new. Whatever your favorite hobby may be -- whether it’s playing basketball, baking cupcakes, doing crafts -- you have the power to bring joy to a child living with chronic illness.
CoachArt matches volunteers in this region with local kids and teens living with chronic illness, who are eager to do something fun and gain a mentor and friend.
Volunteering as a CoachArt coach is:
- Convenient: Find a date and time that works for you and the family. All we ask is that you commit to doing a lesson once a week for 8 weeks.
- Flexible: Your weekly lesson plan is entirely up to you! But don’t worry -- we’ll help you every step of the way with fun ideas and advice.
- Meaningful: It’s common for children and teens to not feel "normal" because of their illness. Depression and anxiety are common among children with chronic illnesses. With CoachArt, parents have told us that these volunteer-led lessons are the highlight of their child’s week, bringing them joy and making them feel like a "normal" kid again.
Ready to bring joy to a child with chronic illness?
Click "I WANT TO HELP!" and we’ll send you more information to get started.
We'll work with your schedule.
320 W Newmark AveMonterey Park, CA 91754
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Youth Services
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 one-hour lessons that you schedule yourself!