Do you have experience with marketing and fundraising? Join our volunteer team!
2 people are interested
Marketing and Community Outreach, will attend community events as a SafeHouse Center representative. They will assist in setting up and tearing down at event locations and will manage a fundraising table. They will also assist staff with marketing and communications tasks and community outreach. Marketing and Community Outreach volunteers will be required to attend 20 hours of our Direct Service Volunteer Training.
Volunteer Time Requirements: Participants will volunteer on an as-needed basis.
We do require a crisis intervention training and all days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Spring 2020 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over three days:
- Day 1: Friday, March 13 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, March 14 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, March 15 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday March 2, 2020. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 297 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SafeHouse Center
4100 CLARK RD, ANN ARBOR, MI 48105, US
To provide safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children, and To work relentlessly to change the systems and attitudes that allow this abuse to continue.
SafeHouse Center provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault. SafeHouse provides free and confidential services for any person victimized that lives or works in Washtenaw County. Our services include emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed, counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope .
- March 10, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 11, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 12, 2017 (Sunday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 24, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 25, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Check out www.safehousecenter.org for more details.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory training, 6 month commitment and as needed schedule for events.
- Volunteer in services