1 person is interested
Grant Prospecting Research (Volunteer/Intern)
1 person is interested
Beyond Borders is a progressive DC-based nonprofit organization committed to promoting social justice in and for Haiti. Our development team is seeking an intern to learn and support on grants prospecting research. This is a volunteer internship designed to build capacity in grant prospecting research while accomplishing specific fundraising tasks. Learn more about Beyond Borders’ work to end child slavery, prevent violence against women and girls, and promote access to quality education on our website.
- Research and identify prospective funders by using Foundation Center database and other resources.
- Compile lists of prospective grant makers and their criteria for consideration by fundraising staff for cultivation.
- Improve upon and maintain the grants prospect spreadsheet to track cultivation efforts.
- Set up and manage a system to alert staff to events where there may be opportunities to cultivate prospective funders through face-to-face networking.
Internship Learning Goals:
- Increase understanding of Beyond Borders’ programming in Haiti.
- Increase understanding of the grant making landscape.
- Master methods and processes for researching, identifying, and tracking prospective grant makers.
- Appropriate candidates will be extremely organized and detail-oriented, with superior time management and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Google applications, particularly spreadsheets
- Committed to Beyond Borders’ mission and vision, which can be found here
- Ability to work remotely or out of Beyond Borders’ Washington, DC office.
- Interest in issues of social justice, human rights and international development
- An understanding and commitment to Haiti
- Facility with Haitian Creole and/or French
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why this position interests you to Limeteze Pierre-Gilles at email@example.com with Application: Grant Prospecting Research Internship in the subject line.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer - diverse candidates including, people of color,
women and members of other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
About BEYOND BORDERS INC
PO Box 2132, Norristown, PA 19404, US
Beyond Borders helps people build movements to liberate themselves from oppression and isolation. In Haiti and the United States, we are bringing people together for just and lasting change. We support movements in Haiti to: End child slavery, Guarantee universal access to education, End violence against women and girls, and Replace systems that oppress the poor with systems that support dignified work and sustainable livelihoods.
We see in Haiti, the seed for a new world, a world where,
- People overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, and act together,
- Women and men find more power by balancing power equally,
- Families and communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect,
- Diversity is seen as a sign of strength,
- All children grow up surrounded by people who love, nurture, and educate them,
- We all find deeper meaning in our lives by coming to value truth over comfort, sharing over having, and justice over personal gain.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 7, 2021
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- +/-15 hours a week