Help a visually-impaired neighbor run errands and read in Plymouth, MA - car needed
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Do you live in or around Plymouth? Are you interested in making a difference in the life of a blind adult in your neighborhood?
As a part of MABVI’s Volunteers for Vision program, you’ll assist a blind senior with reading and running errands. She's a very sweet woman and quite fun to visit with!
A car is necessary for this opportunity.
Why Volunteer with MABVI?
- 90% of our current volunteers feel they are doing significant work
- 98% of our volunteers say volunteering with us gives them a sense of accomplishment
- 99% would recommend the volunteer program to their family and friends
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience working with people with sight loss
- A sense of achievement
- A new friend
What skills and experience are needed?
- An easy-to-understand voice
- Good communication skills
- The ability to treat information confidentially
- Patience and a good sense of humor!
What support will be given?
- One-time volunteer training in our Brookline Office
- Support and guidance from our staff
- Volunteer events throughout the year
When will you be needed?
Once ever other week for about two hours a visit.
We'll work with your schedule.
Opportunities throughout MassachusettsPlymouth, MA 02345
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours every other week; we're flexible!