Host Families for Exchange Students needed in Sonoma County, CA!
By volunteering to host a high school exchange student this year, your family will play an integral part in the cultural exchange by bringing the world home to your community and helping to foster better cultural understanding and relationships. Often, these relationships between American host families and our exchange students last long after the students have returned home from their year in the US. Many host families even end up visiting their former students in their home countries and celebrating in the joys of each other’s lives for many years to come!
Who are Our Students?
- Ages 15-18 and come from over 60 countries
- Are active in a variety of sports, clubs, hobbies, and volunteer activities
- Exhibit proficient English skills
- Bring their own spending money
- Are insured for illness and accident through Greenheart Exchange
What do Host Families do?
- Provide meals, housing, transportation, and a quiet study space for students
- Are supportive and patient with students as they adjust and learn about American culture
- Serve as student's parental guide throughout their program
Why Should I Host?
- Lifelong relationships and memories: Students become a member of your family
- Experience your world with new perspective: Your family will learn about another culture while you share yours with them
- Find your family’s match: Families select their students based on recommendations and common interests
- Support for you and your student: Families and students receive support throughout the year from paid Local Coordinators, your Regional Director, and the National Office
- Experience: Since 1985, Greenheart Exchange has placed over 20,000 international exchange students with families seeking to host a foreign exchange student.
- Diversity: Students come from a range of cultures and backgrounds, with over 60 countries represented.
- Civic-minded: Greenheart Exchange encourages all foreign exchange participants and interested host families to volunteer and give back to their host community.
"We are truly blessed with the experiences that the Greenheart Exchange program has brought to our lives. Markus and Jack are loved so very much and thought of and appreciated as our own sons and will always be welcomed into our lives and home with arms wide open." - The Lowry’s, a Greenheart Exchange host family in Texas
Inquire about hosting and change a life today. Visit: hostwithgreenheart.org today!
Santa Rosa and Surrounding AreasSanta Rosa, CA 95409
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26