Player 2: Volunteer with Gamers Outreach at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
16 people are interested
If you’re near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and have been looking for an opportunity to get involved with our efforts, Player 2 is a great way to get started!
As a volunteer, you’ll be required to commit a number of hours based on the hospitals needs to visiting with patients.
All volunteers will ultimately need to pass the hospital’s qualification process, which requires an in-person interview, background check, immunization shots, and general training to interact with patients. Once through, your role will largely revolve around three primary responsibilities:
- Distributing games to patients throughout the hospital.
- Providing minor tech support for issues that may arise with equipment.
- Playing games with the kids!
Still with us? Great! Here’s what you need to do to get involved:
- Step 1: fill out our volunteer application: https://goo.gl/R6itPi
- Step 2: if you meet our criteria for the program, a representative from Gamers Outreach will get in touch within 1 to 3 business days to let you know you’re eligible for participation! In the event we receive too many applications, or your application doesn’t meet our current expectations, we’ll invite you to apply again at a future time.
- Step 3: if you’re interested in making the commitment, a representative from Gamers Outreach / St. Christopher's Hospital for Children will be in touch to get you started!
160 E Erie AvePhiladelphia, PA 19134
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
- Children Medical Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies based on the needs of the hospital
- Health Screening