The 10th Annual Sickle Cell Disease Educational Seminar is a state-wide event put on by the sickle cell community FOR the sickle cell community. It hosts experts from across the United States and explores issues that are crucial to both individuals with sickle cell disease and the medical providers giving treatment. This year’s Seminar is being held at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, from September 6th - 8th and the theme is "Integrative Medicine and Sickle Cell: A Multi-Disciplinary, 21st Century Approach". We need volunteers to ensure this special event is a success for all who attend!
We are searching for volunteers who can help us with:
- Guest Registration and Sign In
- Speaker Presentation / Audience Support
- On-going Tabling and Guest Assistance
The event will run for 3 days, from September 6th to the 9th, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. most days, and we have time-slots available for volunteers to choose from. We welcome groups, have opportunities for individuals with special physical needs, and students/senior citizens are encouraged to join us.
- 15 years and up (no children)
- Volunteers must be comfortable with standing for 2 - 5 hours at a time
- Volunteers must be proficient English speakers, 1-2 volunteers who can speak Spanish would be excellent
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to and from the event
- Groups are welcome
- Service hours available
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours
- Volunteers can participate in 1, 2, or all 3 days.