Interns and Volunteers needed for the American Heart Association
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
65 people are interested
Each year, the American Heart Association relies on people just like you to help us reduce disability and death due to heart disease and stroke. There are many ways for you to get involved. Some of the opportunities include; event planning, community outreach activities, communication and public relation, office assistance, health fairs and much more. Whether you want to volunteer once a month or once a week their is something for everyone.
There is a variety of different volunteer and intern opportunities with the American Heart Association. During volunteer orientation we find a volunteer opportunity that best matches your interests and strengths.
Join us in our mission to eradicate heart disease and stroke.
Did you know cardiovascular disease and stroke are the #1 causes of death and disability?
Below are some chilling statistics:
- Cardiovascular disease is listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 836,546 deaths in the US. That’s about 1 of every 3 deaths in the US.
- About 2,300 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every 38 seconds.
- About 92.1 million American adults are living with some form of cardiovascular disease or the after-effects of stroke.
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for more than 17.9 million deaths per year in 2015, a number that is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030.
- Someone in the US has a stroke about once every 40 seconds.
- Stroke kills someone in the US about every 3 minutes 45 seconds.
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious long-term disability in the US
Our mission is to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke and our goal is to improve the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20% while reducing deaths from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20% by the year 2020.
Want to help save lives? Join us in our movement by interning and/or volunteering. You can literally help save lives. Each one of us can make a difference. Together we can make a CHANGE!!! ♥
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
465 South 400 EastSuite 110Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Background checks required for internships.