Nature Center Staff Volunteer
2 people are interested
We need your help to connect people and nature at our Dr. James K. Bissell Nature Center in Ashtabula County. This is the first resource of its kind in the county and provides educational opportunities for local residents and schools otherwise unavailable to them in the area. Nature Center staff volunteers encourage visitors to embrace TNC’s mission of conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends by allowing them to learn about our work and the importance of maintaining healthy natural environments.
Nature Center staff volunteers aid in the planning and development of:
- Exhibits, displays, and interactive educational materials
- This will require volunteers with teaching, artistic, and construction abilities
- Collaborative efforts with local schools to provide high-quality educational programs for schoolchildren in Ashtabula County
- Educational programs for visiting students
- Interpretive hikes for visiting school groups
- Nature Center facilities maintenance and management
- Administrative/office duties such as scheduling, filing, and data management
Time commitment: Team Nature Center Volunteers staff the Bissell Nature Center during open hours in addition to leading activities for school groups and hosting special events for the community. Monthly meetings and other planning assignments may also be required. Training will be provided.
About The Nature Conservancy in Ohio
6375 Riverside Drive, Suite 100, Dublin, OH 43017, US
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. For almost 60 years, we’ve been working in Ohio to do just that.
The Nature Conservancy is a leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. To date, the Conservancy and its more than one million members have been responsible for the protection of more than 119 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers worldwide - and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
Visit The Nature Conservancy on the Web at www.nature.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
3973 Callender RoadRock Creek, OH 44084
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, minimum 8 hours