Nature Center Staff Volunteer
3 people are interested
Nature Center volunteer: The Dr. James K. Bissell Nature Center, located at The Nature Conservancy’s Grand River Conservation Campus, offers visitors an opportunity to learn about and explore the natural beauty of Ashtabula County. Volunteers can participate in a variety of ways including exhibit design and construction, staffing the center, participating in hikes and school field trips, tending the gardens, and record keeping. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how you can volunteer.
Nature Center staff volunteers aid in the planning and development of:
- Exhibits, displays, and interactive educational materials
- This will require volunteers with teaching, artistic, and construction abilities
- Collaborative efforts with local schools to provide high-quality educational programs for schoolchildren in Ashtabula County
- Educational programs for visiting students
- Interpretive hikes for visiting school groups
- Nature Center facilities maintenance and management
- Administrative/office duties such as scheduling, filing, and data management
Time commitment: Team Nature Center Volunteers staff the Bissell Nature Center during open hours in addition to leading activities for school groups and hosting special events for the community. Monthly meetings and other planning assignments may also be required. Training will be provided.
About The Nature Conservancy in Ohio
6375 Riverside Drive, Suite 100, Dublin, OH 43017, US
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. For almost 60 years, we’ve been working in Ohio to do just that.
The Nature Conservancy is a leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. To date, the Conservancy and its more than one million members have been responsible for the protection of more than 119 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers worldwide - and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
Visit The Nature Conservancy on the Web at www.nature.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
3973 Callender RoadRock Creek, OH 44084
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, minimum 8 hours