6 people are interested
Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee - Asheville
6 people are interested
Walk to End Alzheimer’s Planning Committee
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer’s disease? Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer’s Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s? Then we need you! Join the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Planning Committee and help grow the movement to end Alzheimer’s from the ground up.
Committee members plan each Walk to End Alzheimer’s event from the kick-off to the wrap-up. Some committee members focus on growing the event by recruiting teams, getting Walk materials out in the community and securing sponsorships. Others focus on event production and find ways to enhance the event experience.
What we ask of you:
- Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Sponsorship, Marketing and Outreach, Logistics or Mission.
- Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
- Participate in committee meetings/calls. Meetings are held once a month and are one hour long. Occasionally calls will be added as needed for subcommittees.
- Attend and help promote official Walk Activities in the community.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/walk, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an exceptional day-of-event experience for our participants.
About Alzheimer's Association Western Carolina
4600 Park Rd Ste 250, Charlotte, NC 28209, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. In North Carolina, more than 180,000 are living with Alzheimer’s disease, and over 479,000 family and friends are providing care.
Serving 100 counties in North Carolina, the Alzheimer’s Association - North Carolina is here to help. We provide education and support to all those facing Alzheimer’s and other dementias throughout our community, including those living with the disease, caregivers, health care professionals and families. We are also committed to advocating for the needs and rights of those facing Alzheimer’s disease and advancing critical research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
Asheville areaAsheville, NC 28801
October 29, 2021
- People Skills
- Capacity Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly - 3 hours, Day of event 6 hours