Hospice Administrative Volunteer
15 people are interested
As part of our inter-disciplinary approach to patient and family care, James River is in need of caring, compassionate volunteers to assist with administrative and day-to-day tasks in our Southside Richmond office.
- assist with bereavement mailings and calls
- assist with data entry related to client services
- perform "tuck-in" calls, ensuring patients have all of their medications and medical supplies before the weekend
- assist with the setup and coordination of patient and family support groups
We are asking for a commitment of 4 hours per month (1 hour per week).
All volunteers must undergo a background check.
All volunteers will be required to attend an orientation detailing the policies and procedures of hospice care, as well as their specific duties and roles.
Please note: James River Home Health and Hospice, Inc. is a for-profit hospice agency. Volunteer engagement is a requirement of Medicare Hospice Conditions of Participation § 418.78
We'll work with your schedule.
9100 Arboretum ParkwayRichmond, VA 23236
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/month (1 hour/week)
- A caring heart and a willing attitude!