Light the Night Friends and Family Chair
2 people are interested
The Light The Night Friends & Family Committee Chair is responsible for working with Chapter staff to lead the Friends & Family Committee in their effort to increase fundraising and participation through a focus on the recruitment and mentorship of fellow Friends & Family team captains, and assisting with the recruitment and management of Ambassadors of Light for retail throughout the campaign.
- Form a team of your own to set a positive example as you encourage others to participate
- Assist the staff in communicating with the Friends & Family Committee and by serving as the lead at all committee meetings. (DATES)
- Work with staff and the following committee leads to achieve goals:
- Recruitment Lead to define outreach needs to local doctors, hospitals, clinics, support groups and staff of oncology/hematology departments and ensure that these needs are met by committee members. Work to expand community reach and encourage team participation while publicizing Light The Night to health care professionals and patients and their families.
- Mentorship Lead to define outreach needs to various assigned new and returning Friends & Family Teams to provide motivation and support. A communication timeline, talking scripts and sample emails will be provided along with ideas to share with team captains regarding recruiting team members, motivating team participants, and fundraising ideas.
- Retail Lead to define and implement local Ambassadors of Light recruitment and management needs.
- Invite new patients and families to form teams for Light The Night and to attend the city wide Kickoff.
- Assist in planning the Friends & Family Cultivation Event if appropriate.
- Attend Light The Night events as schedule permits:
- Friends & Family Cultivation Event (DATE)
- Team Captain Kickoff (DATE)
- Light The Night Walk (DATE)
- Maintain communication with Light The Night staff and committee members
Qualifications and Skills
- A sincere interest in making a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients
- Willingness to share information about Light The Night and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with personal contacts and seek the involvement and participation of others
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong goal-orientation
- Assertive and comfortable in a leadership role
Staff responsibilities to the Friends & Family Committee Chair
- Provide up-to-date reports on the status of Light The Night and progress toward goals
- Create all needed materials for Chair to lead Friends & Family Committee (agendas, emails, presentations)
- Create needed materials for execution of committee member tasks
- Provide guidance, training, and support for leading Recruitment, Mentorship and Retail Leads
- Ensure supporters and teams you recruit have an excellent experience
We'll work with your schedule.
2700 Westown Pkwy Ste 260West Des MoinesWest Des Moines, IA 50266
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed