30 people are interested
Board Member Opportunity
30 people are interested
Child Care Aware of Missouri has an exciting opportunity for volunteer board members who wish to make a difference in the lives of young children. We believe that every child deserves safe, quality early childhood education and experiences which are critical to maximize their future well-being.
We are currently seeking board members from the St. Louis area with backgrounds in legal, HR, marketing/communications, financial, technology, and fund development. The board meets in person every other month from 5:30-7:30 PM on Thursday evenings. Board members are asked to serve on one committee and committees meet my phone monthly or every other month, depending on the need. There are two board retreats per year that are typically held on a Friday from 9 AM- 3 PM. Board members are expected to donate annually and engage consistently in a governance role.
About Child Care Aware of Missouri
1000 EXECUTIVE PARKWAY DRIVE, ST LOUIS, MO 63141, US
Our mission is to raise the quality of early care and educational experiences in Missouri by improving child care services through education, quality standards, coaching, and business support.
Child Care Aware of Missouri (CCAMO), d/b/a of the Missouri Child Care Resource and Referral Network, was founded in 1999 and has been primarily funded the Department of Social Services as a lead agency to delivery referrals and resources to working families in need of child care and training to child care professionals to enhance early learning experiences of children.
As of July 2018 we are completing an 18-month strategic planning process, which will focus on continuing our current services while also diversifying our funding to expand our service delivery and impact on young children. With this new focus, CCAMO will increase the return on investment for our funders by:
- Enhancing the quality of child care by addressing resource gaps that pose obstacles to business owners.
- Increasing the delivery of services through partnerships that leverage the knowledge and expertise of other organizations operating in the child and after school care arena.
- Reforming our regional-agency model to increase our personal presence in each area.
- Professionalizing the child care system by setting high expectations for providers and serving as a model, both directly and through our regional partners, of good business practices and high standards.
- Undertaking an extensive outcomes based approach to funding and program service delivery to produce results.
1000 Executive Parkway DriveSuite 103St. Louis, MO 63141
October 15, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Business Development
- IT Consulting
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 30-35 hours annually
- engagement, thought leadership, business acumen, professional background, networking introductions