Help keiki breathe easier--become an asthma management facilitator.
Asthma management facilitators work with ALA staff to coordinate and deliver our asthma management programs--Asthma Basics, Open Airways For Schools, Kickin’ Asthma--in schools and other community venues.
- Complete all online training from ALA
- Outreach to schools or youth-centered organizations and after school programs
- Deliver one or more of the asthma management programs
- Professionally represent ALA
Asthma Basics: A 60-min workshop about the basics of asthma is offered to parents and family caregivers, childcare providers and adult professionals interested in asthma.
Open Airways for Schools: Six 40-minute group sessions with keiki aged 8-11 so they can learn how to recognize and manage their personal asthma triggers, warning signs and symptoms in a fun and interactive way.
Kickin' Asthma: Four 45-minute interactive group sessions especially tailored to help older students, aged 11-16, develop asthma self-management skills.
ALA Volunteer Policies:
- Maintain confidentiality of personal info
- Valid driver’s license, proof of current insurance or ready access to own transportation
- Comply with fragrance-free policies while representing ALA
- Must be a non-smoker/non-tobacco user (including e-cigarettes/vaping)
- Must submit a background check
- Experience working with children, diverse populations, and community partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication
We'll work with your schedule.
Kapaa, HI 96746
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: 1 semester Preferred: 1 academic year
- Must not use tobacco (including e-cigarettes) Must comply with fragrance-free policy