Help keiki breathe easier--become an asthma management facilitator.
An Asthma Management Certified Facilitator is a community member, health professional or health educator who likes working with children. As an asthma management facilitator, you work with American Lung Association in Hawaiʻi staff to coordinate and deliver our asthma management programs--Asthma Basics, Open Airways For Schools, Kickin’ Asthma--in schools and other community venues.
Asthma Basics: A 60-min workshop about the basics of asthma is offered to parents and family caregivers, childcare providers and adult professionals interested in asthma.
Open Airways for Schools: Six 40-minute group sessions with keiki aged 8-11 so they can learn how to recognize and manage their personal asthma triggers, warning signs and symptoms in a fun and interactive way.
Kickin’ Asthma: Four 45-minute interactive group sessions especially tailored to help older students, aged 11-16, develop asthma self-management skills.
- Maintain current signed Facilitator Agreement on file with the American Lung Association
- Complete the online training module which provides guidance on facilitating the asthma management programs
- Deliver one or more of the asthma management programs
- Maintain regular communications with your American Lung Association staff contact, including submission of required forms and record-keeping
- A tobacco-free lifestyle (NO use of any tobacco products, including e-cigarettes)
- Comply with fragrance-free policies while representing the American Lung Association
- Experience working with children and youth preferred, but not required
- Must provide own transportation, but mileage reimbursement may be available
- Must submit a background check
- Complete online facilitator training: 2-3 hours
- Prepare and facilitate asthma management class sessions: approximately 3 hours/session
- Open Airways for Schools: complete all 6 sessions per course
- Kickin’ Asthma: complete all 4 sessions per course
We'll work with your schedule.
Pukalani, HI 96788
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: 1 semester Preferred: 1 academic year
- Must not use tobacco (including e-cigarettes) Must comply with fragrance-free policy