Make a Difference! Mentor a Student at Conrad High School in Dallas!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
How long does it take to make a true impact in someone's life? 27 hours can impact the next 27 years of a high school student's life. Want to make a different in someone's life? Become a C.H.O.I.C.E. Mentor.
What's a C.H.O.I.C.E. Mentor?
A C.H.O.I.C.E. Mentor is are responsible adults willing to dedicate time toward fostering a positive relationship with a high school student to support them in accomplishing their academic goals.
What are the requirement to become C.H.O.I.C.E. Mentor?
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Be a college graduate or currently enrolled (exceptions can be made for certain experience levels).
* Complete a mentor application and interview.
* Pass a background and reference check.
* Submit a copy of their driver’s license.
* Complete three hours of mentor training(one day event scheduled for you).
* Commit to a mentee for a minimum of one year, including attending at least one Career Shadow outing, supervising two entrepreneurial projects, and meeting with the student for at least one hour per week for an entire school year.
What are the responsibilities of a C.H.O.I.C.E. Mentor?
* Meet with mentee face-to-face 1 hour once per week for 27 weeks.
* Use non-threatening, neutral content to begin and build a relationship with your mentee.
*Support mentee in with college and careers explorations.
*Reinforce to your student the importance of the SAT, ACT, and PSAT (if they do not qualify for test and prep course funding, we can help).
* Reinforce to your student the importance of college applications (we can help with associated costs).
* Help find scholarship opportunities through various resources.
* Provide Mentor Meeting Evaluation Form once a week to Program Coordinator.
* Do everything within your power to achieve all benchmarks and goals set forth for student success.
* Inform the school and C.H.O.I.C.E. of any misconduct, concerns, or any other issues that may arise.
* Utilize forms provided by C.H.O.I.C.E. to ensure consistency and accuracy of measurable results.
* Reports to Program Coordinator after every mentor visit.
Are you ready to make a difference? For more information about our mentorship program or how to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through Volunteer Match! We cannot wait to hear from you!
7502 Fair Oaks AveDallas, TX 75231
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1hr Week meeting with a student, 27 Weeks Program
- 1 Hour a Week meeting with a student, 27 Weeks Program