13 people are interested
The Art of Neighboring through Volunteering
13 people are interested
THE FOLLOWING VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE- Non Paid Positions
· Administrative Volunteer- This is an administrative volunteer opportunity for Family Comfort Hospice. We are looking for a few " Office Angels" who would like to assist with research tools, events, bereavement letters, foundation letter and general correspondence as well as light organizational assistance. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. You choose your schedule and the duration of time volunteering. If you have an hour to give would be perfect! Please contact us. Making a difference begins with You. All assignments have been modified to work from home.
· No One Dies Alone - Vigil Volunteer Provide ministry of presence to patients who are actively transitioning. Volunteers sit with patient, providing a peaceful, reassuring presence and
atmosphere during the final hours. No One Dies Alone recognizes each person as a unique expression
of life (Dignity) and the presence of vulnerability in loneliness (Justice). No One Dies Alone
brings people together in compassionate service and commitment to human kindness/integrity
(Service/Excellence). #volunteer #makeadifference
· Bereavement Volunteer -Provide bereavement support in a variety of ways, such as telephone calls, e-mails, funeral visits or visiting with the family and or Grief Group Support.
· Special Projects Volunteer-Bake, Sew; Choir, Create Crafts Make Comfort/Burden Bears, Aprons, Lap Blankets, Pillows, etc. for patients and family members. These Volunteers support the Health System
with various community events as well. Light Up a Life, Coping with the Holidays, Celebration of
· Pet Therapy Teams with Trained Certified Therapy Dogs and their Volunteer handlers provide a therapeutic interaction with the patients typically in the skilled nursing facilities.
· Craft Volunteers- Make homemade gifts of lap blankets, bibs, pillows, bears and hospital gowns to help make our patients feel valued and more comfortable.
· Memory Pillows/Bears Volunteers hand craft bears and pillows for families from an article of clothing belonging to the patient.
· We Honor Veterans Provides a certificate of appreciation for time served to Veterans on our service.
WE ARE 100% FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR TIME.
Ask about additional opportunities such as Pet Therapy, Art Therapy and Music Therapy.
This is a non-paid position.
Veterans are welcomed!
Related keywords: volunteer, non profit
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges that you could do an interview
Why Should You Volunteer if I am not being paid for it?
1. Volunteering allows you to give back to the community by offering 1 hour a week to a person who needs you.
2. Volunteering helps you develop strong relationships with new people who wants your company.
3. Sharing your knowledge of Hospice and what Hospice does promotes wellness in our community.
4. It looks noble on your resume and potentially land you your dream job.
5. Student volunteer hours help you meet the requirements of your course studies.
About Traditions Health of Scottsdale
7975 N. Hayden Rd., Ste. A-203, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, US
The mission of Traditions Health is to promote health and independence in the patients we serve, to attract and retain exceptional healthcare professionals and to conduct our business with compassion and integrity.
At Traditions, our Core Values reveal who we are!
Integrity - We're honest and always do the right thing.
Compassion - We show kindness to those in need distress.
Patient Satisfaction - We meet or surpass customer expectations.
Team attitude - We create a positive work environment where everyone is a valuable part of the team.
Compliance - We aim to exceed the standard.
Professionalism - We perform daily activities with high ethical standards and excellence.
Commitment - We're loyal to our patients and each other.
1705 S Greenfield RoadMesa, AZ 85205
November 29, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You set your schedule. We just ask that you honor your time commitment that you set. Minimum of 4 hours a month.
- We work very closely with a vulnerable demographic of people, we will require a background, TB test, and drug screening.