Teach basic computer skills to low-income seniors!
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to spend time with low-income seniors to make a direct impact? Our Tech Tutor Volunteer works one-on-one with our residents and teaches them how to use current technology. These tools enable them to improve their quality of life and stay connected with family and friends.
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help residents learn how to navigate and use the resources available to them in our computer lab
- Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Understand how to use basic technology: laptops, smartphones, and email.
- Previous technology tutoring experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working with seniors is preferred, but not required.
- Patience and an ability to explain things simply to someone who did not grow up immersed in technology.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor.
- Spanish speaking preferred
You will LOVE working with our residents; helping them access tools that will improve their quality of life. Tech Tutors will gain insight into the life and experience of a resident of affordable housing, and the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping an underserved individual access tools that will help them succeed.
Tutors must commit to one shift per week for at least three months. Shifts are at least one hour, Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00-5:30 pm.
We'll work with your schedule.
1720 MacArthur BlvdOakland, CA 94602
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Weekday availability, one hour weekly
- Monday afternoons preferred