Children's Enrichment Program (CEP) Intern/Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
54 people are interested
- Work with staff to implement meaningful and engaging activities, projects, games, and crafts for our young residents during the evening and weekends.
- Provide homework help and/or tutoring support to child survivors from kindergarten to high school during the school year.
- Provide respite childcare for 1-3 hours, Monday-Friday, while children’s parents are attending meetings or appointments.
- With the help of other volunteers, lead fun activities for children in our programs on Tuesday evenings.
- Assist with our parent support group.
- Provide support, encouragement, and guidance to children and mothers.
- Assist with the upkeep of the children’s space.
- Other various tasks.
This position provides valuable resources for our program and enriches the lives of children affected by domestic violence. Interns will work with the family advocate to develop programming for the children that will encourage the development of skills that can be impacted by the instability and trauma of domestic violence.
Sensitivity to and concern for women and children in crisis; enjoys children and works well with them; dependability; maturity and good judgment; strong interpersonal skills; ability to listen without judging or advising; some computer skills and bilingual ability in English/Spanish very helpful.
About Crossroads Rhode Island
160 Broad Street, Providence, RI 02906, US
The mission of Crossroads Rhode Island is to help homeless or at-risk individuals and families secure stable homes.
Those we serve to achieve this by engaging in our range of services including:
- Basic needs
- Case management
- Education and employment services
Our values underlie every action, policy, plan, procedure, and decision at Crossroads.
Safety - Promoting an environment free from physical and emotional harm and ensuring a feeling of security and comfort to all
Respect - Acknowledging the intrinsic worth of every person
Effectiveness - Delivering services and managing the organization with efficiency, professionalism, innovation, and accountability
We'll work with your schedule.
160 Broad StProvidence, RI 02903
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours per week. Commitment of 3 - 6 mths
- Complete our comprehensive domestic violence training. BCI & DCYF check required