St. Peter Hospital Gift Shop Volunteers
3 people are interested
Volunteers are an integral part of Providence St Peter Hospital. Close to 300 volunteers serve in a variety of roles which focus on easing the way of our patients, their families, and our caregivers. One way volunteers provide a special, personal touch to the Providence experience is at our Providence Corner and Lullabies Gift Shops!
The Providence Corner Gift Shop is located in the main lobby and features unique gifts, flowers and balloons, as well as personal care items, snacks and drinks. The Gift Shop is a special place that often serves as a resbud for patient’s loved ones needing a place to escape the sometimes serious nature of patient illness. Profits from the Gift Shop go directly to the Providence Foundation.
Lullabies Gift Shop is the new mother and baby gift shop on the lower level of the hospital, next to the Family Birth Center. Waiting families and new parents can shop for everything from clothing and stuffed animals for the baby to comfort and essential items for the new mom.
Gift Shop Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service!
- Use a computer to check out customers
- Process orders over the phone
- When time allows, restock items and dust
Gift Shop Volunteer Qualifications:
- Must be outgoing, friendly, helpful, and have a welcoming demeanor
- Be able to stand or sit for long periods and pick up 30 lbs from floor level
- Ability to hear well and communicate clearly with a diverse population
- Have basic computer skills
- Must be able to stay calm and reassuring in all circumstances
- Min. age to volunteer is 18
- Min. time commitment of two 3-hour shifts each month for 6-months
Gift Shop Volunteer Schedule (shifts currently available):
- Every Thursday, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Every other Saturday, 1:30 - 4:00 pm or 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- Every other Sunday, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, 12:00 - 4:00 pm
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Volunteer Services at 360-493-7482 or at Volunteer.ServicesPSPH@providence.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Providence St. Peter Hospital
413 Lilly Rd, NE, Olympia, WA 98506, US
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
At Providence Health & Services, we believe health care is a basic human right. We’re here to serve the evolving needs of the communities we serve and make excellent health care available to all. Our focus on providing our communities with the full continuum of care makes Providence a model in Washington state and beyond. We work collaboratively across traditional boundaries to develop patient-centered practices that help make lifelong quality care accessible and affordable.
Providence Health & Services is the largest health care provider in Washington state. Our not-for-profit network includes hospitals, physicians, clinics, care centers, hospice and home health programs and diverse community services across the state. With more than 35 hospitals and various health and living facilities and 20,000 employees statewide, our health and services organizations work together to provide quality care to those in need. We continue to honor and live by a commitment to compassionate service that the Sisters of Providence began more than 155 years ago.
413 Lilly Road NELacey, WA 98506
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 100 hours within 6-12 months (dependent on schedule)