Event Operations Associate
7 people are interested
Internships that develop a variety of professional skills and offer hands-on experience in the areas of project management, marketing communications, event production, and knowledge in operating a non-profit organization. As a small non-profit, we are able to tailor your internship to areas that you wish to develop in order to help you reach your future professional goals.
The Event Operations Associate will work with the Executive Director and Assistant Director in planning and implementing the organization’s events. This typically includes an annual gala in the spring and an occasional appreciation event. He/she will have the opportunity to lead and implement aspects of events such as procurement, audience correspondence, donor appreciation, and other necessary elements. The Event Operations Associate must be an excellent communicator, highly organized, and detail oriented.
● Lead procurement efforts for gala’s silent and live auction
● Manage procurement records, donated item descriptions, and preparation of items
● Lead and manage dessert dash and wine grab for annual gala
● Prepare materials for child sponsorship efforts at events
● Lead the strategy and execution of event decor
● Assist in preparing and writing thank you cards for all event donors
● Assist as needed in the preparation of event materials and volunteer recruitment
● Assist in the research and securing of event-related needs such as venues, contractors, community partnership etc.
● Motivated self-starter and initiator
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Interest in non-profit organizations, child empowerment and issues surrounding global poverty
● Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Gmail applications
● The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
● Demonstrated flexibility and sense of humor
● Preferred: Experience in customer service, using a CRM, and event planning
We'll work with your schedule.
819 N. 49th StreetSeattle, WA 98103
- Data Entry
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 to 10 hours per week for 10 weeks