20 people are interested
Are you friendly, caring and compassionate? Birthright of Rochester is in search of volunteer Client Advisors to support and mentor women during their pregnancy and after baby is born. Birthright is not a medical facility or clinic. Our mission is one of supporting women during pregnancy and after to improve birth outcomes and strengthen young families. Birthright does this by offering ongoing friendship, support and connecting them with area agencies and resources to empower the women and her family on the journey toward self-sufficiency, healthy parenting, and healthier families. Volunteers can select the days and hours they would like to volunteer in the office each month. Volunteers are asked to commit to minimum of 4 hours a month. Training is provided.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BIRTHRIGHT OF ROCHESTER
830 BROADWAY AVE S, ROCHESTER, MN 55904, US
Birthright offers support to women who are pregnant, or think they may be pregnant, and to parenting moms in a caring and supportive setting. Birthright services are always free and confidential. No judgment. No pressure. Birthright is available to any woman regardless of age, race, religion, marital status, or financial situation. Volunteers provide love, hope, and encouragement - friendship and emotional support - they listen, mentor and offer guidance.
Birthright of Rochester, MN offers:
- Confidential help
- Friendship and emotional support
- Encouragement if you are feeling pressured by others
- Free pregnancy tests
- Free maternity and baby clothes
- Free emergency diapers, wipes, baby wash
- Gift bags for mothers of new babies
- Referrals to agencies in the community that can assist with: Financial Help, Insurance, Nutritional Needs, Prenatal and Medical Care, Prenatal Education, Childbirth Classes, Education, Job Search/Career Development, Professional Counseling, Support Groups, Adoption Planning, Parenting Resources, Child Care Options, and more.
- Free parking and a handicap accessible office located in Soldiers Field Plaza
- Walk-In Hours, with no appointment needed
- Birthright of Rochester has been serving women and families in southeastern Minnesota since 1970.
We'll work with your schedule.
830 South BroadwayRochester, MN 55904
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 or more hours each month