Memory Bear volunteers make home-sewn bears with compassion and love, to ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS patient. The bears are sewn from the patient's clothing: a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe, nightgown, etc. A Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a grandparent, parent or sibling.
The fabric is provided by the family; the pattern, support and stuffing is provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the volunteer. Bears can be made in the volunteer's home or at the VITAS office.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- LifeBio - document the life of a...
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- Volunteer to bring Harmony and...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers