Friendly Visitor Needed for Hospice Patient in Monroeville
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
private homeMonroeville, PA 15146
FRIENDLY VISITOR VOLUNTEER NEEDED!
Visit a patient on hospice care in her home in Monroeville, PA and provide companionship, socialization and caring support!
Spending time with a person at the end of their life is a gift you give and receive
- Work around your busy schedule!
- Visit the day, time of day, and frequency that works for you and the patient
- Once a week? Every other week? Once a month?
- You decide!
- Most visits last 30-90 minutes
- Veterans encouraged as we serve MANY Veteran patients!
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
Contact Suzanne, Manager of Volunteer Services at 412-920-5500 or Suzanne.Weessies@gentiva.com
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility and patience
- Maturity and self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity and sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
We happily encourage volunteers of any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your availability.
**Volunteers do NO clinical or direct care, such as: feeding, toileting, dressing, etc. You are just their to brighten the patient's day!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one hour, once a month
Report this opportunity