Help Nonprofits Fundraise and Friend-raise!
5 people are interested
A successful nonprofit organization invests in its fundraising capacity; the staff, the executive director, and the board are deeply engaged in fundraising. However, many nonprofits lack a culture of philanthropy to enable them to fulfill their missions, and many do not have any development staff members to advance those missions. With 501 Commons you can apply your expertise to help nonprofits with the building blocks of successful fundraising.
We are looking for consultants who have experience within a development team in any capacity (major gifts, grants, membership, etc.) or have worked as independent fundraising consultants. Our current pool of fund development volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and approaches, all of which contribute to the success of our clients.
About us: 501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to a corps of skilled volunteers who put their expertise to good use. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting. As a fund development consultant with 501 Commons you can help support nonprofits to
- Train board and staff on best fundraising practices
- Write a case for support
- Write a multi-year development plan
- Develop major donor campaigns
- Research and write grants
- Develop new strategies for membership recruitment
- Set up an organization for its first development hire
As a Service Corps Member, you will:
- Have access to our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
- Network with a committed group of seasoned consultants
- Work with a diverse array of nonprofit organizations.
While the requirements of each project vary, consultants typically work in pairs and each serve approximately 10-12 hours per month over the course of 3-6 months.
For more information about how you can utilize your professional expertise to benefit the nonprofit community, visit 501commons.org and click on "Engage" or reply to this posting.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mulitple Service LocationsBellevue, WA 98004
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 10-12 hours per month for 3-6 months