Digital/Graphic Design Intern with OC Human Resources
8 people are interested
OC Human Resources Recruitment Services develops information about job opportunities and identifies ways to promote job openings to attract qualified candidates for specific positions and promote the County of Orange as an employer of choice.
- Develop templates and custom social media posts promoting employment opportunities to be posted on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Research and draft various employment-related topic posts.
- Incorporate graphic/digital design for social media, using Canva, Photoshop or other graphic design software.
- Develop promotional materials (e.g., flyers or videos for job fairs etc.).
- Evaluate effectiveness of social media sites, summarize key indicators, identify trends and make recommendations to increase outreach and participation.
The internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates who have completed coursework and/or gained experience in graphic or digital design.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience using social media to promote a brand, program or organization;
- Experience using digital/graphic design;
- Strong written and communication skills; and
- Interest in applying social media and design concepts in an applied setting within County guidelines.
Flexible schedules are available that consist of 10 - 20 hours per week for 8 - 12 weeks. Hours must be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). Interns able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment or include employee benefits, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes and work history
- Explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements
- Network in their fields of interest with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in Orange County
- Intern with one of the premier employers in the region
Required Background Screening:
Prior to placement, the applicant will be asked to undergo a LiveScan criminal record check through the California Department of Justice that requires a Social Security number and state-issued driver's license or identification card. References may also be contacted to verify the applicant’s qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, portfolio or samples of graphic design work and unofficial transcript to CountyofOrangeInterns@ocgov.com. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours.
Please let us know whether or not you will receive academic credit through your college/university for the internship. We do not require that applicants receive academic credit.
Jane Dawson, Manager/Intern Resources
County of Orange
333 West Santa Ana Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone: (714) 834-7440
We'll work with your schedule.
333 West Santa Ana Blvd.Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 19
- 10 - 20 hours per week for 8 - 12 weeks
- college student or recent college graduate