Teaching Fellowship for Sci/Engineer/Math/Tech Professionals: Application Opens: Jan 14, 2019
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Have you ever considered becoming a teacher?
Do you enjoy leading, creating, organizing, and serving others? Are you motivated to give back and improve your community and the world? Inspire the next generation of innovators by beginning the transition to teaching middle or high school as your next career.
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp to a teaching career - offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. EnCorps has won regional , state , and national awards for our Fellowship experience, which provides a convenient, guided, and seamless pathway into teaching for STEM industry professionals that can be started while you are still working .
EnCorps is looking for passionate and driven science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industry professionals who want to make a difference in urban education. You do NOT need prior experience in education, but in order to qualify for the Fellowship, you must meet these eligibility criteria:
- Three or more years* of full time work or research experience in a science, technology, engineering or math related industry
- Do not currently hold a California single subject teaching credential
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Currently live in an area we serve (Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
*For more, see our full eligibility criteria
Bay AreaSan Francisco, CA 94103
- Math / Science Instruction
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Minimum 2 hrs/week volunteering with students
- Participate in EnCorps training, events, and online community