Activity Assistant for Adult Day Health Center (South Seattle)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Share joy with seniors and adults with disabilities by volunteering at our Adult Day Health Center in South Seattle.
Responsibilities include greeting and socializing with clients during programs and transition times between activities, assisting activity leader with set up and facilitation of group programs, and encouraging clients' participation.
Group activities include crafts, sing-alongs, word games, exercise games, and more!
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating attentiveness, patience, and compassion
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment with energy, enthusiasm, and positivity
- Bilingual (proficient in Spanish or American Sign Language) especially preferred, but not required
Our non-profit, Full Life Care, is the largest Adult Day Health organization in the Northwest, especially committed to serving low-income elders and adults with disabilities, maintaining their dignity and independence. At Adult Day Health Centers, participants enjoy educational and recreational programs in a social environment that nurture the mind, body, and spirit, in addition to receiving skilled rehabilitative and nursing therapies and other health and social services.
We'll work with your schedule.
4712 35th Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98118
- American Sign Language
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Consistent weekly shift for 1 – 2 hours / day (minimum) for at least 3 months, during Open Hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30). Exact times negotiable, based on volunteer’s personal schedule and Day Health Center's needs.
- Email Volunteer Program Supervisor, Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about scheduling availability and receive a new Volunteer Application.