A few hours per month makes HUGE difference! Volunteer with Encompass Hospice!
4 people are interested
Join the Encompass Family and become a hospice volunteer! Encompass is looking for volunteers to provide companionship and support to patients during their final months and weeks of life. Volunteers provide non-medical services and respite time for caregivers and family members.
As a hospice volunteer you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do. Here are just a few specific ways hospice volunteers can help:
- provide companionship and socialization
- help with general office support
- run errands for patients and families
- play games, read, and listen to music with patients
- assist with light house cleaning
- create a photo album of the patient and their family
- write a journal or life story with patients to give to family
We value the generosity of our volunteers, and provide training and ongoing support. Ideally, we are looking for volunteers who will make at least an 8-12 month commitment of 6 hours per month. For more information, please contact Shaunna at Shaunna.Heule-Seifert@encompasshealth.com or 706-550-9966.
Volunteers are needed to serve our patients throughout the GA side of the CSRA.
We'll work with your schedule.
4128 Madeline Dr Augusta 30909Augusta, GA 30909
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- preferably 6 hours per month, 8-12 months
- Drug testing, TB skin test, background check