Helping the birds
21 people are interested
Volunteering at Beak n Wings, Inc. Parrot Rescue is educational, satisfying, and fun! We and the birds appreciate your help. We house a few parrots at the facility, ranging from parakeets, cockatiels, and conures to the larger parrots, including macaws, African greys, and Amazons. While volunteering you may be asked to help with any of the following tasks:
- Preparing and delivering fresh food and water to the parrot cages
- Cleaning water and food bowls
- Cleaning cages: replacing old newspaper and scrubbing perches and cages
- Sweeping and mopping the floors and vacuum the parrot room
- Socializing with the parrots and giving them treats
- Bathing birds with a warm water spray, under the supervision of a core
- All Volunteers must commit to at least 5 hours per week, at least every other week
- Every volunteer takes a risk of being bitten and must sign a form releasing Beak n Wings, Inc., from liability.
- Volunteers must show proof of driver's license/ID Card.
- Working with birds is LOUD, all the time!
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Assist with toy making (materials provided)
If you feel that you can handle all of the above, want to work with birds, and have the time in your life to offer to Beak n Wings, Inc. We need friendly faces! If you LOVE parrots but do not want to work in close contact with them we have many other projects that we'd love to utilize your skills for (IE. fundraising, administrative, carpentry, watering plants) are just a few. You can email us, come into the facility and fillin a volunteer application.
We are also looking for volunteers who can attend events in the public and at the facility, help manage the birds, set up and break down.
Every volunteer will be trained how to handle the birds, and shown how to clean, how much food to give, other areas in the facility which needs cleaned. We also allow community service and diversion.
Beak n Wings offers basic parrot care training, and an advanced training class.
We'll work with your schedule.
9010 Rosehill Rd., Ste. BLenexa, KS 66215
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- 5 hours a week