Share your Marketing and Communications Skills with a Deserving Nonprofit!
2 people are interested
Strong marketing and communication tactics are essential to building a robust community of stakeholders. Unfortunately, many nonprofit organizations lack the expertise and/or resources needed to communicate their missions strategically.
Join the 501 Commons Service Corps and utilize your marketing and communications skills to help nonprofits identify their target audiences, hone in on their messaging, and develop strategies for effective delivery.
The Service Corps is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and support. Volunteers are in an on-call "pool" of professionals whom we contact when a specific project calls for their skill set. You decide if the project and timing are of interest to you. If it is not the right time, we place you back in the pool to await the next opportunity.
As a service corps member, you will:
- Typically contribute 10-12 hours per month on projects ranging from 2-5 months long
- Access our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
For more information about the Service Corps or to apply, please visit the "Engage Section" of our website www.501commons.org or reply to this posting.
About Executive Service Corps of Washington, a program of 501 Commons
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144, US
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits--so people and communities flourish.
501 Commons was founded in 1989 as Executive Service Corps of Washington. In 2010, we changed our name to 501 Commons, reflecting a changing role and broader range of services.Guiding Principle: Build on strengths
We build on the strengths of individual leaders and organizations.
- We respect each nonprofit's unique culture and history.
- We honor the expertise in your organization, as well as the expertise of our Service Corps members.
- We customize our services to fit your needs.
- We share best practices and collaborate with other service providers in order to better serve nonprofits.
We value - and practice - collaboration. In a sector that's always low on resources, collaboration can lead us to solving problems in new, more cost effective ways.
We believe that dialogue between nonprofits, philanthropy, government, and business is essential to tackling the serious problems that affect our people and our planet.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsSpokane, WA 99204
- People Skills
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 10-12 hours per month over 2-5 months