Apply your nonprofit board experience toward helping to shape another!
2 people are interested
An effective, well-functioning board of directors is essential to every nonprofit. However putting together a dynamic board focused on governance is a tall order for many nonprofits. Build upon your expertise in board development by helping another nonprofit strengthen theirs!
501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to a corps of skilled volunteers who generously share their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting. As a board development consultant with 501 Commons you can help support organizations by:
- Analyzing and identifying key issues from board self-assessment results
- Collaborating with board members and discussing survey results
- Developing and facilitating a board development workshop
As a Service Corp Member, you will:
- Have access to our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
While the requirements of each project vary, consultants typically work in pairs and serve approximately 10-12 hours per month over the course of 3-6 months each. It’s a great opportunity to make a difference at a fundamental level while also enhancing your own expertise.For more information about how you can help strengthen the structure of nonprofit governance, visit 501commons.org and click on "Engage" or reply to this posting.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsTacoma, WA 98402
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- 6-12 hours per month for 2-4 months